My darling girl is one year old.
And I have had an array of emotions this past week as we have celebrated the past year of her life.
I know I have said it many times before, but the joy she has brought into my life has been immeasurable. Sure, being a mom is exhausting at times, but at the end of the day, watching her laugh and discover the world justifies all the tiredness and crumbs and dirty diapers.
So to celebrate, here are a few of the things my girl is now doing:
- She walks! She started walking a week and a half before her first birthday. The next thing I knew, I had a “toddler” and not a baby anymore. I wish I would have known when her last time to crawl was!
- Her favorite word to say is, “DOH!” and “Da-Doh!” We don’t know what it means. But it is the cutest thing in the world.
- She loves music, specifically the theme song to Netflix’s Sofia the First. I am now at the point in my life where I have to s-p-e-l-l- things out to her father. “Turn on S-O-F-I-A.”
- She is her father’s child…meaning…she LOVES people, and other babies!
- She is beginning to “test the limits” aka continue to do something when Momma or Daddy says, “No!” Lord help us know how to teach and discipline! That is something I am afraid of/don’t want to mess up. Do any of my readers have any discipline tips for a one year old? I would honestly love to hear them.
She is feisty, determined, loving, strong willed, and loves to sing.
We love you, our sweet one year old.